The Resource Expenses of treasury notes, : receipts, 1856-1864
- Expenses of treasury notes, : receipts, 1856-1864
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Public Debt - Treasury Notes
- Contains receipts regarding the expenses of treasury notes. Records cover the following years: 1856, and 1862-1864
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 18 March 1856 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the governor to issue treasury notes in order to borrow money. Five hundred dollars were appropriated annually for three years to defray the costs of printing, engraving, and signing treasury notes. In 1861 the General Assembly authorized the issue of additional treasury notes, and $2,000 was appropriated to defray expenses.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 320
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Expenses of treasury notes, : receipts, 1856-1864
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Expenses of treasury notes, : receipts, 1856-1864
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kC8r6uxhJsQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kC8r6uxhJsQ/">Expenses of treasury notes, : receipts, 1856-1864</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...