The Resource 1766-1775
- Inclusive dates
- Letter book contains business letters of William Nelson to British merchants regarding his tobacco trade. Many of the letters contain comments on social and political events and personal matters. Some of the letters relate to estates and real property issues. After William Nelson's death the letter book is continued by Thomas Nelson, Jr
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 262).
- Biographical or historical data
- William Nelson (1711-1772), president of the colonial council and acting governor of Virginia from 1770 to 1771, and his son Thomas Nelson, Jr. (1738-1789), signer of the Declaration of Independence, soldier, and governor of Virginia during 1781, were prominent merchants in Yorktown and men of considerable influence.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Available for purchase: Edwards, Conley L., III et al., comps. A Guide To Business Records In The Virginia State Library And Archives. Richmond : Virginia State Library and Archives, 1994
- Form designation
- Letter book
ContextContext of 1766-1775
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1766-1775
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kD-d9waocTw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kD-d9waocTw/">1766-1775</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...