The Resource 1918-1927
- Inclusive dates
- National Board of Fire Underwriters
- National Council on Compensation Insurance
- Insurance, Fire -- Rates -- Virginia
- Insurance law -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Insurance. -- Statistics -- Statistics
- Workers' compensation -- Virginia
- Letters (correspondence)
- Maps -- Virginia
- Insurance, Casualty -- Rates -- Virginia
- Insurance, Liability -- Rates -- Virginia
- Virginia Inspection and Rating Bureau
- Insurance -- Rates
- The Papers, which consist of printed and typewritten documents, are organized into bound folders and called "Exhibits." Box 1 contains exhibits 1-15, and box 2 contains 17-29. The exhibits include transcripts of the meetings of the Commission, 22-23 March, 28 October, 21-22 November 1927, in addition to maps, court opinions, insurance schedules, rates, rules, clauses and permits, profit and loss tables, laws, and correspondence
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Commission on Fire, Liability, Casualty, and Workmen's Compensation Insurance Rates in Virginia. (Search Virginia Commission on Fire, Liability, Casualty, and Workmen's Compensation Insurance Rates in Virginia as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Commission on Fire, Liability, Casualty, and Workmen's Compensation Insurance Rates in Virginia was created by an act passed by the General Assembly on March 25, 1926, to investigate and compare insurance rates paid by and in the state of Virginia with those paid by and in other states in order to ascertain whether unfair or unjust discrimination was made by insurance companies against property-owners and employers in the state of Virginia. The commission held hearings and gathered evidence that indicated the rates were indeed unfair. The report containing the commission's findings was submitted to the General Assembly on January 18, 1928.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1918-1927
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1918-1927
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kHdq6Am0oo0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kHdq6Am0oo0/">1918-1927</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...