The Resource Norfolk County (Va.) Deed, Order and Will Books, 1646-1749
- Norfolk County (Va.) Deed, Order and Will Books, 1646-1749
- Inclusive dates
- Land records -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Order books -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Will books -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Wills -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Norfolk County (Va.) -- History
- Deeds -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Chesapeake (Va.)
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Chesapeake (Va.) -- History
- Deed Books, 1646-1749, of Norfolk County Court. The deed book records the name of the grantor and grantee, the residence of both individuals and the description of property being sold or transferred. The volumes have indexes which contains the first and last names of both parties. It is arranged alphabetically from A-Z.</p>
- Order Books, 1665-1675 and 1724-1734, of Norfolk County Court. The order books records all matters brought before the court when it was in session. It provides a synopsis of cases in a neater, more organized form. These volumes are sometimes internally indexed; more rarely, there is a comprehensive index. A wide variety of information is found in this order book including: deeds, chancery causes, judgments, records of legal disputes heard before the county court and road orders. All the order books have indexes except (1665-1675)
- Will Books, 1646-1749, of Norfolk County Court. The will books include the name of testator, list of heirs and the year the wills were proven in court and probate records such as inventories and appraisements. All the will books have indexes
- Biographical or historical data
- Norfolk County was formed from Lower Norfolk County in 1691. Now extinct, Norfolk County was incorporated into the city of Chesapeake in 1963.
- The deeds, orders and will books of Norfolk County in this collection were created by the County Court.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Norfolk Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Norfolk County (Va.) Deed, Order and Will Books, 1646-1749
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Norfolk County (Va.) Deed, Order and Will Books, 1646-1749
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kj0qmWlgthE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kj0qmWlgthE/">Norfolk County (Va.) Deed, Order and Will Books, 1646-1749</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...