The Resource Harper's Ferry Fund accounts and receipts, 1860-1861
- Harper's Ferry Fund accounts and receipts, 1860-1861
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Funds - Harpers Ferry Fund
- Contains accounts and receipts for payments of expenses, 1860-1861
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- In 1859, John Brown and a band of followers captured the federal arsenal at Harpers Ferry, but were themselves captured by Virginia forces commanded by Robert E. Lee. In 1860 the General Assembly passed several acts authorizing the payment of expenses incurred during the Harpers Ferry raid. The secretary of the commonwealth, auditor of public accounts, and adjutant general were appointed commissioners to settle accounts.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 145
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Harper's Ferry Fund accounts and receipts, 1860-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Harper's Ferry Fund accounts and receipts, 1860-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kkEf_D8HkNU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kkEf_D8HkNU/">Harper's Ferry Fund accounts and receipts, 1860-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...