The Resource Board of Fisheries horizontal angle books, 1901
- Board of Fisheries horizontal angle books, 1901
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Agencies of State Government - Boards and Committees. Board of Fisheries
- Volumes contain notes concerning surveys of oyster beds in the James River off Isle of Wight County. Most of the notes relate to surveying measurements, but occasionally plats and diagrams are recorded
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 25 March 1875 the General Assembly authorized the governor to appoint three commissioners of fisheries to coordinate conservation activities with the federal government and to oversee the duties of the local oyster inspectors. The number of commissioners was reduced to one by an act passed on 8 March 1877.
- The office of fish commissioner was abolished by the General Assembly on 7 February 1898 and replaced by the Board of Fisheries. The board also assumed the functions of the Board on the Chesapeake and Its Tributaries. On 5 February 1900 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the board to employ county surveyors to resurvey the oyster planting grounds and any part of the survey made in the 1890s by James B. Baylor that needed revision. On 12 March 1908 the General Assembly changed the name of the board to the Commission on Fisheries. In 1968 the name of the commission was changed to the Marine Resources Commission.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 113
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Board of Fisheries horizontal angle books, 1901
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Board of Fisheries horizontal angle books, 1901
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kogH7onAguc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/kogH7onAguc/">Board of Fisheries horizontal angle books, 1901</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...