The Resource Bonds for duplicates of military certificates, 1782-1818
- Bonds for duplicates of military certificates, 1782-1818
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Revolutionary War. Military Service Pay
- Each bond contains the signatures of the claimant and securities, the date, and the amount of the bond. Records cover the following dates: 1782-1786, 1788-1789, 1790-1795, 1805, 1808-1809, 1818, and n.d
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly passed an act during its session begun in May 1781 authorizing the issuance of pay certificates to officers and soldiers. During its May 1783 session the General Assembly passed an act allowing the auditor of public accounts to replace lost or destroyed pay warrants. The claimant took an oath before the auditor or county court and gave his bond for double the amount of the certificate. The bond, along with the affidavit of the court, was sent to the auditor who issued a replacement warrant.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 220
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Bonds for duplicates of military certificates, 1782-1818
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bonds for duplicates of military certificates, 1782-1818
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/l5_z3nZR9to/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/l5_z3nZR9to/">Bonds for duplicates of military certificates, 1782-1818</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...