The Resource 1778 May-Sept
- 1778 May-Sept
- Inclusive dates
- 1778 May-Sept
- Orderly book containing transcribed orders kept by Captain Marquis Calmes of the Second Virginia Regiment from May to September, 1778. Included are general orders naming officers who were to be on duty the following day, names of officers in charge of commands, strategies to be used in battle, and courts-martial proceedings. Military actions and defenses in northern New Jersey, as well as New York, including Springfield, Spotswood, Brunswick Landing, Second River, Paramus, Wrights Mill, and White Plains, are detailed. The September 1778 re-arrangement of regiments and officers ordered at White Plains is also described
- Accessioned and described
- Biographical or historical data
- Born on 26 February 1755. Captain, 2d Regiment, Virginia; resigned 8 March 1779. Died 27 February 1834 in Woodford County, Kentucky.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Orderly book of Captain Marquis Calmes
ContextContext of 1778 May-Sept
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1778 May-Sept
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lRDhc-JN1Yo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lRDhc-JN1Yo/">1778 May-Sept</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...