The Resource 1770-1858.
- Inclusive dates
- Merchants -- Virginia
- Dismal Swamp Land Company (Va.)
- Navy Hill (Richmond, Va.)
- Anderson , Robert, b. 1781
- Elementary schools -- Virginia | Richmond
- Plats -- Virginia | Richmond
- Personal papers
- Southgate family
- Anderson, Leroy, d. 1838
- Macaulay family
- Land titles -- Virginia
- Executors and administrators -- Virginia
- Anderson family
- Norfolk (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Tobacco industry -- Virginia | Yorktown
- Macaulay, Elizabeth Jerdone, 1759-1830
- Letters (correspondence)
- Macaulay, Alexander, 1754-1798
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Shipping -- Virginia
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Papers, 1770-1858, of Robert Anderson and his father-in-law, Alexander Macaulay. Included are correspondence, court papers, plats, and resolutions regarding the Dismal Swamp Land Company. Also included are a few letters relating to Alexander Macaulay's shipping business at Norfolk, Virginia. Included are documents and plats relating to the property at Navy Hill in Richmond, Virginia, including a plat of Navy Hill with a proposed academy. Also included are estate papers of Alexander Macaulay and Anderson's role as executor
- Biographical or historical data
- Robert Anderson (b. 1781) was the son of James Anderson of Gloucester County, Virginia. In 1814 he married Helen Maxwell Macaulay Southall, widow of Peyton Southall and daughter of Alexander and Elizabeth Macaulay. Robert Anderson administered the estate of his father-in-law and his brother, which resulted in prolonged litigation.
- Alexander Macaulay (1754-1798) was a tobacco merchant in Yorktown and a manager of the Dismal Swamp Land Company from 1794-1812. He was married to Elizabeth Jerdone (1759-1830) of Louisa County, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1770-1858.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1770-1858.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lULjD-N2cRo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lULjD-N2cRo/">1770-1858.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...