The Resource 1862-1865
- Inclusive dates
- Bosworth, Squire Newton, 1841-1922
- Confederate States of America
- Bosworth, John Woodbridge, 1836-1936
- Chenoweth, Lemuel, 1811-1887
- Bosworth, Squire, 1792-1870
- Bosworth, Harriet, b. ca. 1846
- Personal papers
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons
- Letters (correspondence)
- Bosworth family
- Randolph County (W. Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- See, Adam W, b. ca. 1838
- Crawford, Burns, 1842-1864
- Papers, 1862-1865, of the Bosworth family of Randolph County, (West) Virginia, consisting mainly of letters written to and from Squire Newton Bosworth (1841-1922) while he was serving in the 31st Virginia Infantry during the Civil War. There are also letters written to and from his father Dr. Squire Bosworth (1792-1870). Other correspondents include Harriett Bosworth (b. ca. 1846) and Adam W. See (b. ca. 1838). Subjects of the letters written by Squire Newton Bosworth include his opinions of deserters, news of fellow soldiers and residents of Randolph County, troop movements, and the activities of his father. The topics of the other letters written to him and his father include family news, religion, the family's sympathy with Squire Bosworth and his brother John Woodbridge Bosworth (1836-1936) after they were captured by Union soldiers, and their efforts to send books, clothing and money to them. Also included in this collection is a forage receipt, as well as poetry written by Squire Bosworth while being held in prison
- Biographical or historical data
- The Bosworth family were residents of Randolph County, (West) Virginia. Dr. Squire Bosworth (1792-1870) and Hannah Buckey (b. ca. 1795) had ten children, including John Woodbridge Bosworth (1836-1936) and Squire Newton Bosworth (1841-1922) who both served in the 31st Virginia Infantry during the Civil War.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of other archival material
- Bosworth family papers, 1866 (LVA accession 44973).
ContextContext of 1862-1865
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1862-1865
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/laye73oyg0I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/laye73oyg0I/">1862-1865</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...