The Resource St. David's Church register, 1826-1919
- St. David's Church register, 1826-1919
- Inclusive dates
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Lutherans -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Financial statements
- Baptismal registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Church records -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 20th century
- St. David's Church (Shenandoah County, Va.)
- Register, 1826-1919, of St. David's Church in Shenandoah County, Virginia, including lists of births and baptisms, communicants, confirmations, minutes, and treasurer's accounts
- Biographical or historical data
- In 1816, a number of Lutherans who had been worshipping at the Cross Roads Church moved into a newly created German Lutheran house of worship a few miles to the south. The new Lutheran Church did well from its inception into the early 1870's. Initially called the Lutheran Meeting House, the log church building began to be referred to as "St. David's Church" around the middle of the century. It joined the Virginia Conference of the Tennessee Synod. The church burned down in 1873. and a new one was built the following year. The congregation soon voted to leave the Tennessee Synod and join the Concordia Synod, which was later absorbed by the Joint Synod of Ohio. Disagreements soon erupted, however, and the church re-joined the Tennessee Synod in 1882, and a number of the church's members left and formed Mt. Zion Lutheran Church in 1896. St. David's and Mt. Zion later re-united in 1965 to form Faith Lutheran Church.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of St. David's Church register, 1826-1919
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work St. David's Church register, 1826-1919
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ldgl-MKLlwI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ldgl-MKLlwI/">St. David's Church register, 1826-1919</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...