The Resource Letter of resignation, 1814 October 15
- Letter of resignation, 1814 October 15
- Inclusive dates
- 1814 October 15
- Title variation
- Executive Communications
- Contains a letter from Samuel Shepard, Richmond, to [Andrew Stevenson], Speaker of the House of Delegates, resigning the office of Auditor of Public Accounts. Also enclosed is Shepard's letter dated 10 October 1814 informing the Speaker of his intention to resign on October 15
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm
- Biographical or historical data
- Samuel Shepard was a native of Boston, Massachusetts. He moved to the state of Virginia around 1786. Shepard served as clerk of the Solicitor's Office between 1789 and 1791. When John Pendleton, Jr., resigned the office of Auditor of Public Accounts, he recommended Shepard as his successor. Shepard was elected by the General Assembly as Auditor of Public Accounts on 16 November 1796 and resigned on 15 October 1814. Shepard died in Richmond, Virginia, on 21 September 1815.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Letter of resignation, 1814 October 15
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Letter of resignation, 1814 October 15
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ljZjWnWFcv4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ljZjWnWFcv4/">Letter of resignation, 1814 October 15</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...