The Resource 1803-1825
- Inclusive dates
- Legal documents
- Isle of Wight County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Wills -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Deeds -- Virginia | Nansemond County
- Milners (Nansemond County, Va.)
- Nansemond County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Wills -- Virginia | Nansemond County
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Nansemond County
- Records collected by Mary F. Cowling (1883-1980) of Nansemond County and Suffolk, Virginia, consisting mostly of deeds and wills. All the deeds are for a tract of land in Nansemond County, Virginia, known as "Milners." Names included in the deeds are: Allen Copeland, Robert and Sally Dashiell, William and Mary Fones, John Foster, Thomas and Nancy Holloday, Harrison and Martha Minton, John Smelly, and Thomas and Martha Smelly. Wills are from both Isle of Wight County and Nansemond County and are those of: Gimmings Begood, William Fones, Thomas Milner, Harrison Minton, and Charrity Tankard. The will books of Nansemond County are not extant
- Accession 40164 contains originals of some of these records, including a copy of the will of Gimmings Bedgood, two relinquishments of dower, and four deeds concerning the tract known as "Milners."
- Biographical or historical data
- Mary F. Cowling was born 1 July 1883 in Nansemond County, Virginia. She served in the Army Corps of Engineers. Cowling was a charter member of the Suffolk-Nansemond Historical Society and a member of the Daughters of the American Colonists. She died 15 October 1980.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Collection of Nansemond County and Isle of Wight County records
ContextContext of 1803-1825
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1803-1825
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lnCsvIEAKzQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lnCsvIEAKzQ/">1803-1825</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...