The Resource Military certificates from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1876
- Military certificates from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1876
- Inclusive dates
- Military certificates, nos. 1-9926, July 14, 1782-August 5, 1876, include recorded copies of certificates issued by the governor and Council to persons entitled to bounty lands for Revolutionary War military service, either in their own right or as an heir or assignee. The certificates, dated and signed by the clerk to the governor, give the name of the soldier, his rank, and period of service in terms of total years. Appended to the certificate is a notation that a specific warrant was issued to the individual for a stated quantity of land. Most of the warrants after 1850 lack the certificate and have only the notation regarding the issuance of the warrant
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Land Office (Search Virginia Land Office as author).
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm, Land Office Reels 345-347.
- Biographical or historical data
- The act which established the Land Office passed the General Assembly on 22 June 1779. The register was the head of the office and was appointed by joint ballot of both houses of the legislature.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 89
- Citation source
- LAND OFFICE INVENTORY
ContextContext of Military certificates from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1876
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Military certificates from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1876
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lruiE6TyyLo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/lruiE6TyyLo/">Military certificates from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1876</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...