The Resource Rough settlements of revenue, 1777-1791
- Rough settlements of revenue, 1777-1791
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Office Records: Records of the Solicitor General
- Series contains calculations of tax revenues from localities, noting categories of taxes, amounts, and dates of settlements
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The position of solicitor general was created by an act passed by the General Assembly during its session begun in October 1780. The solicitor settled accounts for all debts due the commonwealth, examined the auditor's accounts, and composed lists of taxes raised and the manner of their expenditure. He was authorized to sue for the recovery of delinquent taxes. On 25 November 1791 the General Assembly passed an act terminating the office; the auditor of public accounts assumed its duties on 1 January 1791.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 22
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Rough settlements of revenue, 1777-1791
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Rough settlements of revenue, 1777-1791
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/m77BTfQuJFs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/m77BTfQuJFs/">Rough settlements of revenue, 1777-1791</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...