The Resource Papers, 1812, 1846-1895.
- Papers, 1812, 1846-1895.
- Inclusive dates
- 1812, 1846-1895.
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Petersburg
- Branch, Thomas, 1802-1888
- Branch, John Kerr
- Branch, Mary Louise
- Branch, Thomas Plummer
- Tobacco industry -- Virginia
- Bankers -- Virginia | Richmond
- Branch family
- Bankers -- Virginia | Petersburg
- Thomas Branch and Sons (Petersburg, Va.)
- Branch, John Patteson, 1830-1915
- Letters (correspondence)
- Branch, James Read, d. 1869
- Papers, 1812, 1846-1895, of John Patteson Branch (1830-1915) of Virginia principally consisting of correspondence, receipts, promissory notes and checks pertaining to his business and the business of the Branch family of Virginia and the southeastern United States. Includes extensive correspondence, receipts and checks related to Thomas Branch and the Thomas Branch and Sons bank, a firm located in Petersburg, Virginia, and Augusta, Georgia. There is also information concerning other Branch family members including James Read Branch (d. 1869), Mary Louise Branch, John Kerr Branch, and Thomas Plummer Branch
- Biographical or historical data
- The Branch family was a prominent family in central Virginia, at times owning land and businesses in Richmond, Petersburg, Prince Edward County, Virginia; and Georgia. Their financial interests principally related to banking and tobacco speculation and sales. Thomas Branch (1802-1888) was a prominent banker in Richmond and Petersburg and the first president of Merchants National Bank of Richmond.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Papers, 1812, 1846-1895.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Papers, 1812, 1846-1895.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mDUACFfTxlQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mDUACFfTxlQ/">Papers, 1812, 1846-1895.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...