The Resource Records, 1801-1868
- Records, 1801-1868
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Public Guard
- This series contains the following records: Accounts and Vouchers, 1801, 1806, 1808, 1812-1815, 1819, 1823-1824, 1826, 1843, 1858, 1861, 1864-1866, 1868, 1 ft. 3 in.; Muster, Pay, and Receipt Rolls, 1801, 1812-1813, 1825-1826, 1862-1868, 1 ft
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The public guard was established in 1802 for the protection of public property in Richmond. From 1802 through 1822 the guard was quartered on Capitol Square in the Bell Tower; after 1822 the guard was stationed at the Virginia Manufactory of Arms. The public guard was abolished in 1869.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 199
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Records, 1801-1868
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records, 1801-1868
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ma82hEAE7t4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ma82hEAE7t4/">Records, 1801-1868</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...