The Resource Agency history of the Virginia Dept. of the State Internal Auditor
- Agency history of the Virginia Dept. of the State Internal Auditor
- Biographical or historical data
- In August, 1980, the Commonwealth established an organization, the Office of the State Internal Auditor which, with the assistance of state agency heads and collegial bodies, was to improve the professional nature of auditing in state agency internal auditing programs. The Office of the State Internal Auditor functioned as a program within the Department of Accounts until July 1, 1985, when it was established as a separate entity, the Department of the State Internal Auditor (DSIA), under the Secretary of Finance.
- The program was established because there were significant shortcomings reported in the State's overall internal auditing program in studies conducted by the Department of Management Analysis and Systems Development in 1979 and the Department of Information Technology in 1985. The statutory mandate to DSIA was "... to provide for the development and maintenance of internal audit programs in state agencies in order to ensure that the Commonwealth's assets are subject to appropriate internal management controls." To carry out this mission, the Department establishes state policies, standards, and procedures, provides state-of-the-art technical information, and assists in the professional development of agency internal auditors by developing and conducting training programs on a regular basis.
- The State's internal auditing program is comprised of the DSIA and 39 individual agency units in the Executive Branch of government. These 40 units serve 49 different Executive Branch agencies. In addition to the support provided to Executive Branch agencies, DSIA also provides assistance to one independent agency, the Department of Lottery, one unit in the Judicial Branch, the Supreme Court of Virginia, and the Virginia Credit Union. The potential coverage provided by the 40 Executive Branch programs, when measured in terms of appropriation amounts, equates to 95.2% of the Commonwealth's appropriations.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Agency history of the Virginia Dept. of the State Internal Auditor
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agency history of the Virginia Dept. of the State Internal Auditor
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/meMH407Ir3M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/meMH407Ir3M/">Agency history of the Virginia Dept. of the State Internal Auditor</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...