The Resource Preemption registers, nos. 1-2132, from the Virginia Land Office, 1779-1783
- Preemption registers, nos. 1-2132, from the Virginia Land Office, 1779-1783
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain recorded copies of certificates and warrants issued on the basis of preemption and settlement claims. Volumes cover the period from 1779 Oct 14 to 1783 Jan 14. The certificates, which first identify the district in which the claim was heard, include the name of the claimant, the number of acres to which he was entitled, the county in which that land was to be located, the reason for the allowance, the date of approval, and the names of the commissioners. The warrants, dated and signed by the register of the Land Office, contain the name of the claimant and record the amount of land due and the reason it is due
- Certificates and warrants 1-1120, which are recorded in the first two volumes, are entered on facing pages. The certificates on the left are manuscript copies and the warrants on the right are printed forms filled in. The third volume, in manuscript, has certificates 1121-2132 recorded in full with a notation that the warrant was issued on a certain date
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Land Office (Search Virginia Land Office as author).
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 37
- Citation source
- Land Office Inventory
ContextContext of Preemption registers, nos. 1-2132, from the Virginia Land Office, 1779-1783
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Preemption registers, nos. 1-2132, from the Virginia Land Office, 1779-1783
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mfTboI5IWoQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mfTboI5IWoQ/">Preemption registers, nos. 1-2132, from the Virginia Land Office, 1779-1783</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...