The Resource 1776-1803
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1776-1803, of Horatio Gates (1728-1806) of New York. Topics include the military conduct and aspirations of his career and his political and social interests
- Biographical or historical data
- Horatio Gates (1728-1806) resigned from the British Army in 1769. Because of his military experience, Congress commissioned Gates a brigadier general and made him adjutant to General George Washington in 1775. After the military disaster at Camden, Gates was replaced by General Greene. He rejoined the military effort in 1782, but left in March 1783, due to the illness of his wife. Gates lived on Rose Hill farm on Manhatten Island until his death in 1806.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals located in the
- New York Historical Society
ContextContext of 1776-1803
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1776-1803
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mmCeIuy9vf0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mmCeIuy9vf0/">1776-1803</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...