The Resource Report, 1677
- Report, 1677
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Executive bodies -- Virginia -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Legislative bodies -- Virginia -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- State government records -- Virginia
- Report, 1677, Sir John Berry and Francis Moryson, Late Commissioners for Affairs of Virginia to the Lords Commissioners of Trade and Plantations. List of names of councillors appointed for Virginia by the King and Sir William Berkeley. Included are comments on their ability and whether or not they should remain on the council. Opinions are also given relevant to certain laws of Virginia: Act of oblivion is contrary to the King's proclamation of pardon; Act of attainder includes many people who were never legally attained. Forfeiture can only occur after a legal trial; Laws of the country should be studied carefully with the advice of lawyers
- Additional physical form
- Original available on microfilm (Virginia Colonial Record Project, Film 1607, Reel 94).
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Location of originals duplicates
- Original record located at British Public Record Office Class C.O. 1/41.
ContextContext of Report, 1677
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Report, 1677
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mmWCwSqm5a4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mmWCwSqm5a4/">Report, 1677</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...