The Resource 1802-1927
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1802-1927, of the Downing family of Lancaster County, Virginia, mainly Thomas J. Downing (1867-1927), an attorney and state senator. The bulk of the collection covers the years 1918-1927. Includes a bond, clippings, correspondence, deeds, estate papers, insurance policy, Civil War military receipt for a horse, receipts, surveys, and other miscellaneous items. The correspondence deals with Virginia politics, much of it relating to Downing's election to the state senate in 1923
- Biographical or historical data
- Residents of Lancaster County, Virginia. Thomas J. Downing (1867-1927) was a member of the Virginia State Senate from 1920 until 1927.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals at the Mary Ball Washington Museum and Library, Lancaster, Virginia.
ContextContext of 1802-1927
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1802-1927
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mq0guMA5RM0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/mq0guMA5RM0/">1802-1927</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...