The Resource Kanawha County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1853 and 1856.
- Kanawha County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1853 and 1856.
- Inclusive dates
- 1853 and 1856.
- Kanawha County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1853 and 1856. The collection contains four land grants, as follows: a grant to James McCallister, 1853 Feb. 1; and three grants to Samuel Griffith, Fallena Griffith, Margaret Griffith, Moses Lacy, and John Daley, heirs of Levi Griffith, 1856 Sept. 1
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Kanawha County (West) Virginia was named for the Indian tribe that once lived in the area, the Conoys. The county name was first Kenhawa, but was later changed to Kanawha. It was formed in 1788 from parts of Greenbrier and Montgomery Counties. Kanawha County was one of the fifty western Virginia counties to form the state of West Virginia in 1863.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Kanawha County Land Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to West Virginia County Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Kanawha County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1853 and 1856.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Kanawha County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1853 and 1856.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/n8mSlvDQu-I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/n8mSlvDQu-I/">Kanawha County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1853 and 1856.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...