The Resource Registered certificates, 1802-1809
- Registered certificates, 1802-1809
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Public Debt - Certificates
- Contains registered certificates for the period between 1802 and 1809
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 28 January 1802 the General Assembly passed an act concerning the payment of the public debt. Before a warrant was issued to pay the interest on a certificate of debt due from the state, the owner or holder of the certificate deposited the certificate with the treasurer. The treasurer issued a receipt specifying the value of the certificate and distinguishing the principal from the interest. The receipt then was presented by the owner to the auditor, who issued a new certificate for the principal and a warrant for the interest. Unless they were deposited with the treasurer, the original certificates would be void after 1802.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 315
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Registered certificates, 1802-1809
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Registered certificates, 1802-1809
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/n9jcpSgcSTk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/n9jcpSgcSTk/">Registered certificates, 1802-1809</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...