The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of John C. K. Shipp, 1857-1973
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of John C. K. Shipp, 1857-1973
- Inclusive dates
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Shipp, John Cyril Knowles, 1913-1996
- Pensions -- Great Britain
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Insurance policies -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Insurance, Life -- Virginia
- English Electric Company, Ltd
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Maryland
- Deeds -- Maryland | Montgomery County
- Escheat -- Virginia
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 411238 contains a deed of release & two subordination agreements between William K. Copenhaver & E. DuVal Taliaferro and John C. K. & Dorothea Elizabeth Shipp for a lot containing five acres of land in a subdivision known as "McCormick's Addition to Horizon Hill" in Montgomery County, Maryland. Also contains a letter from the English Electric Company Limited regarding the pension of J. C. K. Shipp on leaving service.Lastly, there are two life insurance policies of John Cyril Knowles Shipp
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of John C. K. Shipp, 1857-1973
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of John C. K. Shipp, 1857-1973
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nAdZMctjxuI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nAdZMctjxuI/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of John C. K. Shipp, 1857-1973</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...