The Resource Ezra Ayers Carman papers,, 1863-1902
- Ezra Ayers Carman papers,, 1863-1902
- Inclusive dates
- Personal papers
- Confederate States of America -- History
- United States -- History
- Manuscripts for publication
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns
- Maryland -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns
- Letters (correspondence)
- Carman, Ezra Ayers, 1834-1909
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Antietam, Battle of, Md., 1862
- Papers, 1863-1902 and undated, of Ezra Ayers Carman (1834-1909), a United States Army officer, civil servant, and author. Collection is a microfilm copy of one portion of the Library of Congress's Ezra Ayers Carman Papers (LC control number MM 81015081). The portion chiefly consists of an undated draft manuscript of Carman's THE MARYLAND CAMPAIGN OF SEPTEMBER 1862. Also included are letters, compiled during Carman's research, from Union and Confederate participants in the conflict, and various notes, maps, tear sheets from books, and other research materials about the campaign, the Emancipation Proclamation, Harper's Ferry, and other related topics. The manuscript, edited by Joseph Pierro, was published for the first time in 2008 as THE MARYLAND CAMPAIGN OF SEPTEMBER 1862: EZRA A. CARMAN'S DEFINITIVE STUDY OF THE UNION AND CONFEDERATE ARMIES AT ANTIETAM (LVA call number E474.61 .C37 2008)
- Biographical or historical data
- Ezra Ayers Carman was born on 27 February 1834 in Metuchen, New Jersey. Over the course of his career, he was a professor of mathematics, an officer in the United States Army during the Civil War (reaching the rank of brigaider general), comptroller of Jersey City, New Jersey, and chief clerk of the United States Department of Agriculture. Carman died in 1909.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Ezra Ayers Carman Papers, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D. C.
ContextContext of Ezra Ayers Carman papers,, 1863-1902
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ezra Ayers Carman papers,, 1863-1902
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nAii9jT3-5M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nAii9jT3-5M/">Ezra Ayers Carman papers,, 1863-1902</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...