The Resource Winchester and Potomac Railroad Company records, 1831-1879
- Winchester and Potomac Railroad Company records, 1831-1879
- Inclusive dates
- Contains letters sent to the board, reports, lists of stockholders, petitions, and newspaper clippings
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- The company was chartered by an act of the General Assembly of April 8, 1831 and opened in 1836. The line of road was from Winchester, Va. to Harpers's Ferry, WVa. The road was operated by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad and was eventually absorbed into that system.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- Entry 157
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works Inventory
ContextContext of Winchester and Potomac Railroad Company records, 1831-1879
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Winchester and Potomac Railroad Company records, 1831-1879
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nHhgcvJXk2E/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nHhgcvJXk2E/">Winchester and Potomac Railroad Company records, 1831-1879</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...