The Resource Hanover County, 
- Hanover County, 
- John Wood was contracted with by Governor Wilson C. Nicholas in 1816 to carry out surveys of Virginia's counties and to prepare from these surveys a map of the state. The maps, "designed for the use of the Executive," were directed to be deposited in the office of the secretary of the board of public works, to "be at all times open to the access of the Executive, or of any member of the General Assembly." (29 Va. Acts 1816-1817) When Wood died in 1822, Herman Böye completed the project, which resulted in the state map published in 1827. It was corrected by Lewis von Buchholtz in the edition of 1859
- One in the series of county maps preliminary to Böye's nine-sheet map of Virginia, published in 1827
- Pen and ink, watercolor, pencil
- Shows water systems, roads, ferries, bridges, mills, towns, churches, taverns, certain public buildings, and some houses and owners
- Geologic features noted in pencil
- Scale [1:36,600]. "200 poles to 1 in."
- 94.3 x 159.7 cm.
- 1 map
- In 3 pieces.
- Also negative photostatic copy, in 3 parts, reduced.
- Other physical details
- ms. col., dissected in 3 pieces and mounted on linen
- Physical medium
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of Hanover County, 
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Hanover County, 
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nZ1BeP1r5wg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/nZ1BeP1r5wg/">Hanover County, </a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...