The Resource Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike Company records, 1838-1854
- Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike Company records, 1838-1854
- Inclusive dates
- These records consist of letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, a petition, and accounts, for the years 1838, 1840-1842, 1846-1849, 1851-1852, 1854
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- This company was incorporated by an act of the General Assembly approved April 3, 1838, for the purpose of constructing a turnpike from the Cacapon Bridge on the Northwestern Turnpike in Hampshire County to some point on the North Branch of the Potomac near Cumberland, Maryland. The General Assembly voted to extend the road from Cumberland to the National Turnpike or Cumberland Road in Maryland (with the assent of Maryland) on April 9, 1839. The General Assembly agreed to increase capital March 20, 1847 in order to construct a bridge across the North Branch of the Potomac where the river is crossed by the road. With the death of C. Heiskell, President, charges of mismanagement were resolved and Jacob Grace was appointed as the new president.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 224
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike Company records, 1838-1854
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike Company records, 1838-1854
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/npg7Kvmin7k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/npg7Kvmin7k/">Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike Company records, 1838-1854</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...