The Resource Wellsburg and Washington Turnpike Company records, 1822-1861
- Wellsburg and Washington Turnpike Company records, 1822-1861
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, a map (1835), reports, lists of stockholders, and a petition, for the years 1822-1853, 1855-1858, and 1861
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly, passed March 2, 1822, approved incorporation of the "President, Directors and Company of the Wellsburg and Washington Turnpike Company," to construct a turnpike road from Wellsburg in Brooke County to the line dividing Virginia and Pennsylvania, on the way to the borough of Washington, Pennsylvania, a distance of over six miles. The state was authorized to subscribe to capital stock in the amount of $5,000, February 4, 1823, and a two year extension of time to commence work was granted December 13, 1833.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 420
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Wellsburg and Washington Turnpike Company records, 1822-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wellsburg and Washington Turnpike Company records, 1822-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/o-wxUBu4bow/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/o-wxUBu4bow/">Wellsburg and Washington Turnpike Company records, 1822-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...