The Resource Records of Jamestown 2007, 1986-2009.
- Records of Jamestown 2007, 1986-2009.
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia -- Description and travel
- Yorktown (Va.) -- Anniversaries, etc
- Indians of North America -- History
- Jamestown Settlement -- Centennial celebrations, etc
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Godspeed (Ship : Replica)
- Video recordings
- African Americans -- History
- State government records -- Virginia
- Clippings. | aat
- Jamestown (Va.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc
- Letters (correspondence)
- Heritage tourism -- Virginia
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
- Jamestown (Va.) -- Description and travel
- Jamestown 2007
- Jamestown (Va.) -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Jamestown (Va.) -- Anniversaries, etc
- Jamestown Settlement
- Presentations (communicative events)
- Jamestown (Va.) -- Anniversaries, etc. | Planning
- The Records of Jamestown 2007 are arranged in eight series. Series have been designated for History Files - Agency; Public Relations - Historically Significant; Recordings - Audio/Visual - Historically Significant; Project Documentation Files - Historically Significant; Planning Files - Administrative - Historically Significant; Special Interest Items; Correspondence/Subject Files - Agency Heads; and Correspondence/Subject Files - Other Officials - Historically Significant
- Series I: History Files contains minutes, reports, proposals, and other sundry items documenting the work of various committees including the Jamestown 2007 Steering Committee, Joint Steering Committee, Executive Committee, Creative Advisory Committee, Program & Events Subcommittee, Marketing & Finance Subcommittee, Logistics Subcommittee, Management Subcommittee, and the Historic Triangle Host Committee. In addition, the Celebration 2007 Committee documents early planning for the 400th anniversary
- Series II: Public Relations is the largest series in the collection. This series contains binders of news clippings documenting various articles related to Jamestown and the 400th anniversary celebration between July 2003 through January 2008, especially in May 2007
- Series III: Recordings contains compact discs, videotapes, and other video recording formats documenting several anniversary events including the Godspeed Sail, Anniversary Weekend, Intertribal Festival, Smithsonian FolkLife Fest, Yorktown 225th Anniversary, and others
- Series IV: Project Documentation Files documents commemorative productions and signature events created by Prosody Creative Services, Inc., an event marketing and management company based in Norfolk. Prosody was responsible for the Godspeed Sail, Jamestown Live!, America's Anniversary Weekend, and the World Forum on the Future of Democracy. This series also documents the various community programs held across the state and abroad
- Series V: Planning Files contains reports, plans, newsletters, notes, charts, and other sundry items. The series documents the formulation of strategic plans, statewide partners, and national partners
- Series VI: Special Interest Items contains correspondence, reports, notes, presentations, and other sundry items. This series documents the Virginia Quarter, commemorative stamp & cachet, and the final report of the Jamestown 2007 Steering Committee
- Series VII: Correspondence/Subject Files - Agency Heads contains correspondence and other sundry items belonging to Norman Beatty, William Cone, & Jeanne Zeidler who served as executive directors of Jamestown 2007 from 1997 to 2007
- Series VIII: Correspondence/Subject Files - Other Officials contains correspondence and other sundry items belonging to Jamestown 2007 senior staff including Amy Ritchie and Steering Committee Chairman Stuart Connock
- Accession 51063 contains records relating to the Stamp and Cachet Project, which was a contest for the design of commerative stamps honoring the 400th anniversary of the landing at Jamestown
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation. (Search Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- In 1996, the General Assembly amended article 23-292 of the Code of Virginia, to establish the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation as the Commonwealth's authorized agency to "to perform the following actions directly related to the planning, coordination and implementation of the celebration of the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown in 1607. Jamestown 2007 is a sub-agency of the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation (JYF) created in 1997 to plan and implement commemorative events marking the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in the Americas. From 1997 through 2004, the agency focused on developing the structure of the commemoration including recruiting volunteer board and committee leadership, conceptualizing the signature events, creating strategies to achieve the goals of the commemoration, forging partnerships with appropriate public and private organizations, seeking corporate sponsorships and building a staffing plan. By the beginning of 2005 a new phase of the commemoration work began with the movement from planning to implementation. Prosody Creative Services was retained through Jamestown 2007's private affiliate to produce the Godspeed Promotional Sail, the Yorktown 225th Anniversary, the National Teach-In and Anniversary Weekend. Other partnerships and consultants have been or are being selected to perform key roles in implementing the other signature events.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Records of Jamestown 2007, 1986-2009.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records of Jamestown 2007, 1986-2009.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/o0JdlKIx9ks/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/o0JdlKIx9ks/">Records of Jamestown 2007, 1986-2009.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...