The Resource Prince William County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1852-1933
- Prince William County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1852-1933
- Inclusive dates
- Prince William County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1852-1933, contain court papers involving disputes of wills and estates (Eleanor L. Lowman, Paul Portner and Robert V. Portner) , 1 Chancery Rule Book, 5 Common Law and Chancery Fee Books, 5 Fee Books, 7 Memorandum Books for Court Suits, Suit papers and Transcripts and 1 Witness book
- Rule books contain orders or directions made by a court regulating court practices or the actions of parties
- Fee books are volumes showing the date of a duty performed by the clerk, the name of the person paying the fees and the amount. These volumes include fees charged attorneys, cash accounts and the clerk's fees in common law and chancery suits
- Memorandum books are used for notations of entries to be made in other books
- Biographical or historical data
- Prince William County was formed from Stafford and King George Counties by a statute adopted in 1730, to take effect on 12 March 1731. The county was named for William Augustus, duke of Cumberland and third son of King George II.
- Many pre–Civil War records were lost, destroyed, or stolen by Union troops in 1863 during the Civil War. Sixteen deed books and five will books are missing.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Prince William County Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia's web site.
- Prince William County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Prince William County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Prince William County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1852-1933
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Prince William County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1852-1933
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/o2eE739EhuU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/o2eE739EhuU/">Prince William County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1852-1933</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...