The Resource 1854-1979.
- Inclusive dates
- Baptismal registers -- Virginia | Wythe County
- Church records -- Virginia | Wythe County
- Lutherans -- Virginia | Wythe County
- Deeds -- Virginia | Wythe County
- School records -- Virginia | Wythe County
- Wythe County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Wythe County (Va.) -- Church history -- 20th century
- Membership lists
- Financial records
- Lebanon Evangelical Lutheran Church (Wythe County, Va.)
- Secretary's book, 1885-1904, 1910-1913, of the Woman's Home and Foreign Missionary Society. Contains minutes that cover the periods, 20 September 1885-September 1904 and 19 June 1910-8 June 1913. The volume begins with a membership list and the Society's constitution. The minutes reflect the Society's intention to further the Christian mission work throughout the world and to become more aware of mission needs. Membership lists are on pages 1-3 (1889) and pages 119-120 (1910). (Accession 30216a; Misc. reel 713)
- Secretary's book, 1913-1926, of the Woman's Home and Foreign Society. Contains minutes that cover the period, 3 August 1913-3 October 1926. The minutes record the programs at each meeting and the endeavors of the society to aid in mission work. Includes one financial report (page 111). Membership lists appear on pages 135-136 (1924), pages 137-138 (1919-1926), and pages 139-140 (1915). (Accession 30216b; Misc. reel 713)
- Secretary's book, 1927-1940, of the Woman's Home and Foreign Missionary Society. Contains minutes that cover the period, 9 January 1927-June 1940. Though the agenda of each meeting is recorded, minutes of the discussion at these business meetings are usually not included. Membership lists are on pages 1-4 (1927-1939), page 21 (1928), page 138 (1934), page 140 (1938), and page 142 (1930)̀. (Accession 30216c; Misc. reel 713)
- Sunday School minute book, 1854-1898. Contains only sparsely kept numerical entries, recording the numbers of teachers and students, for the years 1854-1856, 1859-1860, 1866-1870, 1873-1874, 1879-1880, and 1898. The only exception being a fragment dated 1879 containing a list of names (p.52a, 52b). (Accession 30216d; Misc. reel 713)
- Sunday School record book, 1880-1894, primarily containing a roll of the pupils and officers for each year. Also includes a few financial accounts; questions asked the students; and resolutions of respect entered in memory of two students. (Accession 30216e, Misc. reel 713)
- Sunday School record book, 1894-1908, containing financial accounts interspersed with the roll of members and officers, and two resolutions of respect. (Accession 30216f, Misc. reel 713)
- Sunday School record book, 1908-1945, containing rolls, 1908-1913 and financial accounts, 1914-1945. (Accession 30216g; Misc. reel 713)
- Sunday School record book, 1916-1917, for Class No. 7. Contains records kept by the Sunday School class noting those present or absent, visitors and the collection amount, and attendance records listed by name for each day the class met. Several entries are numerical only. (Accession 30216h; Misc. reel 713)
- Record book and deeds, 1905-1979 (bulk 1907-1949), including baptisms, 1907-1945; three annotated membership lists; minutes, 1907-1947; and a church constitution adopted in 1901 and amended in 1916 (pages 82-90). Also includes seven deeds pertaining to the church and its school. (Accession 30561; Misc. reel 713)
- Biographical or historical data
- Lebanon Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1851 after members of St. John's Lutheran Church in Wytheville petitioned the Synod of Western Virginia to have a separate congregation. The first church was constructed in 1853. The present structure was built in 1882. The church belongs to Walker Mountain Parish.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1854-1979.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1854-1979.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ocgeFiaQmRc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ocgeFiaQmRc/">1854-1979.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...