The Resource Warren County (Va.) Permanent Roll of Voters, 1902-1903
- Warren County (Va.) Permanent Roll of Voters, 1902-1903
- Inclusive dates
- African Americans -- Virginia | Warren County
- Voters' lists -- Virginia | Warren County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Warren County
- Warren County (Va.) -- Genealogy
- African Americans -- Suffrage
- Warren County (Va.)
- African Americans -- History -- 1877-1964
- Election records -- Virginia | Warren County
- Suffrage -- Virginia | Warren County
- Warren County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Warren County Permanent Roll of Voters, 1902-1903, records the roll of registered voters in Warren County. The volume is divided by precincts: Cedarville, Milldale, Front Royal, Bowmans, Riverton, Waterlick, Browntown, Fork Union, Bentonville, and Linden; and within each precinct on the basis of color. Information found in the volumes includes date of registration; number of registered voter; name of registered voter; date of birth; age; occupation; residence; length of residence in state, county, and precinct; whether exempt from poll tax; if naturalized, and if so, date of papers and by what court issued; if transferred from another precinct, and if so, when and to what precinct
- Biographical or historical data
- Warren County was named for Joseph Warren, the revolutionary patriot who sent Paul Revere and William Dawes on their famous rides and who was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill. The county was formed from Frederick and Shenandoah counties in 1836.
- The 1902 voter registration books were created following the passage of the 1902 Virginia state constitution. The purpose of the 1902 state constitiution was to maintain white suffrage while eliminating African-American voters by means of literacy tests as well as property and poll tax requirements.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Warren County (Va.) Permanent Roll of Voters, 1902-1903
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Warren County (Va.) Permanent Roll of Voters, 1902-1903
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/om30eVH7zGM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/om30eVH7zGM/">Warren County (Va.) Permanent Roll of Voters, 1902-1903</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...