The Resource 1793-1982
- Inclusive dates
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Lutherans -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Marriage registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Church records and registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 18th century
- Baptismal registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Solomon's Evangelical Lutheran Church (Shenandoah County, Va.)
- Church records -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 20th century
- Burial registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Membership lists
- Death registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Register, 1793-1981, containing pastors, 1793-1981; church officers, 1928-1958; church members, 1893-1957; baptisms, 1882-1971, marriages, 1918-1956; burials, 1925-1957, including death dates; communion seasons, 1882-1956; and record of interesting and important events of the church, 1931-1939. (Item 3 on Misc. reel 1161)
- Parish register, 1926-1982, contains pastors, 1955-1981; church council, 1954-1982; roll of members, 1937-1981; roll of child members, 1945-1982; record of communions, 1957-1982; baptisms, 1957-1982, including birth dates; confirmations, 1958-1979; marriages, 1959-1981; funerals, 1957-1982, including death dates; annual summaries; a history of Solomon's Church including list of pastors; and historical events of the church. (Item 4 on Misc. reel 1161)
- Minutes, 13 January 1965-12 August 1981, of council and congregational meetings. Includes church constitution adopted 9 January 1966. (Item 5 on Misc. reel 1161)
- Biographical or historical data
- Solomon's Evangelical Lutheran Church was originally a union church called Solomon's Lutheran and German Reformed Church that was organized in 1793. Its first members came from the already established Pine Church and Rader's Church. The original Solomon's Church was built by both congregations in 1793 and dedicated on 15 November 1795 with two ministers of each denomination participating. Henry Rausch deeded the land on which the church stood to both congregations on 13 June 1796. Solomon's Church remained a union church until 1851, when the Reformed members reorganized and formed their own church at County Line. The Lutherans continued to use the old church until 1876 when a new church was built. On 16 July 1879, the original church and land was sold at auction and a part of the proceeds went to the previously separated German Reformed congregation. After this date, the Lutherans became sole owner of the land on which the new Solomon's Church stood.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of other archival material
- Associated material: Solomon's Lutheran and German Reformed Church Records, 1793-1879 (Accession 20797a and Accession 27142).
ContextContext of 1793-1982
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1793-1982
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ozzGVhZfS7k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ozzGVhZfS7k/">1793-1982</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...