The Resource Warren County (Va.) Tax and Fiscal Records, 1837-1912
- Warren County (Va.) Tax and Fiscal Records, 1837-1912
- Inclusive dates
- Warren County (Va.) Tax and Fiscal Records, 1837-1912, includes a Warrant Book, a County Court Tax Book, Liquor License Returns, Treasurer's report, assessments and orders, receipt for an application to keep a house of private entertainment
- A warrant was an authority issued to a collector of taxes, empowering his to collect the taxes extended on the assessment roll, and to make distress and sale of goods or land in default of payment
- A tax book is a record of persons paying taxes on personal or real estate. They may contain a record of other taxes levied on the official documents produced or recorded by the local government. They may also contain taxes levied on goods and services provided by individuals or businesses in the counties or cities
- Biographical or historical data
- Warren County was named for Joseph Warren, the revolutionary patriot who sent Paul Revere and William Dawes on their famous rides and who was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill. The county was formed from Frederick and Shenandoah counties in 1836.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Warren County Court Records can be found on microiflm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Warren County (Va.) Tax and Fiscal Records, 1837-1912
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Warren County (Va.) Tax and Fiscal Records, 1837-1912
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/p-tEnzwH5uU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/p-tEnzwH5uU/">Warren County (Va.) Tax and Fiscal Records, 1837-1912</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...