The Resource 1775-1801
- Inclusive dates
- Minute book, 1775-1801, of the Sun Fire Company of Alexandria, Virginia. The minutes cover financial matters, issues relating to equipment repairs and purchases, fines imposed on members for absenteeism or for lacking proper equipment, and proposed changes to the organization's articles and by-laws. There are also membership lists for many of the years
- Biographical or historical data
- The Sun Fire Company was established in Alexandria, Virginia on 12 January 1775. The company merged temporarily with the Hydraulion Company during Civil War occupation, and disbanded after the Civil War due to destruction wrought by U.S. Government forces on equipment.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Minute book
- Location of originals duplicates
- Original volume owned by The Lyceum, Alexandria, Virginia.
ContextContext of 1775-1801
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1775-1801
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/pXuhVIwlGuo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/pXuhVIwlGuo/">1775-1801</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...