The Resource Literary Fund : warrant books from the Office of the Second Auditor, 1923-1928
- Literary Fund : warrant books from the Office of the Second Auditor, 1923-1928
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Office of the Second Auditor. Literary Fund: General Records
- These records include warrant number, date, entries for Retired Teachers' Fund, teachers' warrants, salaries of school superintendents, Literary Fund, and Board of Education for the period between March 6, 1923 and February 29, 1928
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Office of the Second Auditor (Search Virginia Office of the Second Auditor as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Literary Fund, which is still in existence, was established by an act passed by the General Assembly on 12 February 1811. Revenues derived from fines (except militia fines) and the sale of land escheated for unpaid taxes were deposited in the Literary Fund and the money was used to build schools and educate the state's poor children. The responsiblity for keeping the accounts of the Literary Fund was shifted from the auditor to the second auditor when the latter office was created on 24 February 1823.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 40
- Citation source
- Second Auditor Inventory
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Literary Fund : warrant books from the Office of the Second Auditor, 1923-1928
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Literary Fund : warrant books from the Office of the Second Auditor, 1923-1928
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ptPw7tYDL1c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ptPw7tYDL1c/">Literary Fund : warrant books from the Office of the Second Auditor, 1923-1928</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...