The Resource Risden Tyler Bennett speech, 1906
- Risden Tyler Bennett speech, 1906
- Inclusive dates
- Speech, 10 May 1906, given by Risden Tyler Bennett to the Ladies Memorial Association in Charlotte, North Carolina. Main topics of the speech include the American Civil War, Battle of Chancellorsville and General Stonewall Jackson. Located on microfilm frames 391-400
- Biographical or historical data
- Risden Tyler Bennett was born the 18 June 1840 in Anson County, North Carolina. Bennett graduated from Cumberland University and in 1859 received a degree from Lebanon Law School. He enlisted in the Confederate Army in 1861 and by the end of the war had achieved the rank of colonel in the 14th North Carolina Infantry. He served as member of the North Carolina State House of Representatives from 1872-1874 and as a delegate to the North Carolina State Constitutional Convention in 1875. He also served as a superior Court Judge from 1880-1882 and as a Member of the United States House of Representatives from North Carolina from 1883-1887. Bennett died 21 July 1913.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Risden Tyler Bennett speech, 1906
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Risden Tyler Bennett speech, 1906
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qJjyhu-uztM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qJjyhu-uztM/">Risden Tyler Bennett speech, 1906</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...