The Resource Expenses of quarantine, : warrants, 1793-1818
- Expenses of quarantine, : warrants, 1793-1818
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Funds - Contingent Funds
- This series contains warrants for the period 1793-1806 and 1818
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The term contingent fund encompasses a wide variety of funds set aside for special purposes by the General Assembly. Contingent expenses included those for office supplies, printing, and maintenance of public buildings.
- On 26 December 1792 the General Assembly passed an act prescribing quarantine for ships believed to carry infectious diseases. The auditor issued warrants to pay the expenses of officials supervising the quarantine. In 1793 the General Assembly expanded the provisions of the quarantine law to those who entered the state by land as well.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 141
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Expenses of quarantine, : warrants, 1793-1818
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Expenses of quarantine, : warrants, 1793-1818
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qSylvPW5YZ8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qSylvPW5YZ8/">Expenses of quarantine, : warrants, 1793-1818</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...