The Resource 1830-1923
- Inclusive dates
- Charlotte County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Cub Creek Presbyterian Church (Charlotte County, Va.)
- Minute books
- Church records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Presbyterians -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Membership lists
- Charlotte County (Va.) -- Church history -- 20th century
- Sessional record, 1860-1923, including minutes which cover the period, 4 August 1860-2 August 1923. These minutes include statistical reports, reports on the state of religion, and members received and dismissed, but no registers of communicants and baptisms. Also includes historical sketch (p. 1-4). (Accession 20083)
- Sunday School records, 1830-1899, including statistical records entered periodically for the period, 20 June 1830-2 April 1899. Few names are listed. (Accession 20082)
- Biographical or historical data
- Cub Creek Presbyterian Church was organized about 1738, thirty-seven years before the formation of Charlotte County. The Presbyterian churches in Charlotte County maintained very close relationships with each other as well as those churches in the counties of Cumberland and Prince Edward. The chronology of Cub Creek and associate churches follows: Cub Creek Church established around 1738; Bethesda Church built around 1812 for a portion of the Cub Creek congregation; Village Church organized in 1825 for members near the courthouse; Providence Church organized in 1831 for members in Halifax County; Bethesda Church officially organized 1834 as a separate church which became Hermon Church in 1875. In 1849, members on the west side of Cub Creek Church withdrew and organized Roanoke Presbyterian Church.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1830-1923
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1830-1923
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qUMzMvHBb9c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qUMzMvHBb9c/">1830-1923</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...