The Resource Thornton's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1833-1885
- Thornton's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1833-1885
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1833), 3 vols., reports, lists of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions, and petitions, for the years 1833, 1850-1854, 1857-1860, 1866, 1869, 1872-1873, 1879, 1881, and 1885
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly, passed January 19, 1848, approved incorporation of the Thornton's Gap Turnpike Company to construct a macadamized road from Thornton's Gap in Rappahannock County, by Culpeper Courthouse to Kelly's mills. Joint capital stock was fixed at $75,000, with the Board of Public Works authorized to subscribe to $45,000. The road was divided into two sections, one from Thornton's Gap to Culpeper Courthouse, and the other from Culpeper Courthouse to Kelly's mills. In 1850 approval was given to construct the roads totally or in part in plank, and in 1851, capital stock was increased $10,000, with the Board paying $6,000. At the same time, the act providing for the section from Culpeper to Kelly's mills was repealed.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 409
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Thornton's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1833-1885
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Thornton's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1833-1885
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qWXTrqayWiA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qWXTrqayWiA/">Thornton's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1833-1885</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...