The Resource 1970-2007
- Inclusive dates
- Comprised of nine separate accessions of correspondence and subject files relating to the State Archivist's involvement with the State Historical Records Advisory Board (SHRAB). The material documents various projects and grants undertaken by the Board and various local government entities and other institutions around Virginia
- Accessions 31782 and 32118 contain files on the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, Fairfax County, Franklin County, George Mason University, Handley Library, Hollins College, Jones Memorial Library, Mary Baldwin College, Newport News Public Library, Spotsylvania County, University of Virginia, and Virginia Military Institute.
- Accession 32449 contains project files pertaining to the American Alliance for Health, Fairfax County Circuit Court, the Roanoke Transportation Museum, the Robert R. Moton Institute, and Washington and Lee University. Most files date from the 1980s
- Accession 32708 contains several project files pertaining to National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) grants, apparently facilitated through the Board. Projects include the MacArthur Memorial microfilming project, the National Recreation and Parks Association Archives project, and the Virginia Historical Society photo collection project
- Accesssion 32450 contains files pertaining to a Needs Assessment Report (1983), created by the Board to document the archival conditions of various institutions and agencies. There are several folders of questionaires filled out by these entities regarding their situation and any needs they might have. Also included are two final copies of the report, as well as the original proof used for duplication
- Accession 44456 contains general correspondence and subject files; files related to NHPRC grant applications and evaluations; and meeting minutes and related attachments, 1997-2007
- Correspondence and general files pertaining to the State Historical Records Advisory Board can be found in several accessions. Accession 42664 contains two folders of correspondence, minutes, and other working papers dating from 1970-1977. Accession 34105 contains one folder of correspondence, minutes, and reports that document SHRAB activities between 1983 and 1986. Accession 35135 also contains correspondence, minutes, and grant information documenting the State Archivist's role on the Board from 1984 to 1996
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Library of Virginia. (Search Library of Virginia as author).
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the State Historical Records Advisory Board. (Search Virginia State Historical Records Advisory Board as author).
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- The State Historical Records Advisory Board serves as the central advisory body for historical records planning and related projects developed and carried out by the State. The Board may publish and sponsor surveys of conditions and needs of historical records in the State; review records and proposals by institutions in the State and make recommendations to the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
- State Historical Records Advisory Board files
ContextContext of 1970-2007
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1970-2007
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qa4NGwbAZyA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qa4NGwbAZyA/">1970-2007</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...