The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Basil M. Miller, 1927-1972
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Basil M. Miller, 1927-1972
- Inclusive dates
- Tucker, George H
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Memorial cards
- Tucker, Lola F
- Palmer, Ralph
- Marriage licenses -- Virginia | Alleghany County
- Marriages Virginia All
- Birth certificates. -- Virginia. | Botetourt County
- State government records -- Virginia
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Bens Run School (Alleghany County, Va.)
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 1316097 contains the following documents belonging to Basil M. Miller: copy of a marriage license of Dewey J. Miller & Nellie Tucker, Alleghany County, Va., 25 July 1927; an agreement between Dewey, Basil, & Earl Miller and Stuart B. Carter that Carter serve as counsel to represent them in their claim against Ralph Plamer, 13 March 1948; a copy of a delayed certificate of birth of Dewey Johnson Miller, Botetourt Co., Va., 28 April 1903; transcript of the 1920 census listing Nellie F. Tucker as enumerated in the family of George H. & Lola F. Tucker, 13 March 1968; memorial card for Dewey Johnson Miller, 2 April 1969; memorial card for Nellie May Miller, 29 Aug. 1972; and a handwritten certificate of Sadie Humphries (Redman), teacher at Bens Run School, documenting the attendance of Nellie May Tucker (Miller) at Bensa Run School, Alleghany County, Va., for the year 1918-1919
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Basil M. Miller, 1927-1972
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Basil M. Miller, 1927-1972
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qojfPuEYZvw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/qojfPuEYZvw/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Basil M. Miller, 1927-1972</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...