The Resource Commissioners of specific taxes returns, 1783-1784
- Commissioners of specific taxes returns, 1783-1784
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Office Records: Records of the Solicitor General
- The returns include the quantity and value of the grain collected
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in 1779 the General Assembly passed an act imposing taxes payable in corn, rye, barley, oats, hemp, or tobacco. Commissioners were appointed by local courts to keep accounts of the grain collected and file returns with the auditor of public accounts. Evidently these returns were given by the auditor to the solicitor to assist him in settling the state's accounts. Leighton Wood was the solicitor general.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 23
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Commissioners of specific taxes returns, 1783-1784
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Commissioners of specific taxes returns, 1783-1784
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rOe0byOQp_I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rOe0byOQp_I/">Commissioners of specific taxes returns, 1783-1784</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...