The Resource Slavin's Cabin and Summersville Road records, 1853-1860
- Slavin's Cabin and Summersville Road records, 1853-1860
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, maps (1854), 2 items, reports, petitions, specifications, proposals for construction, security bonds and receipts
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General passed March 23, 1860, provided for construction of a road from a point on the Staunton and Parkersburg Road on the west side of the Greenbrier River, at or near Slavin's Cabin, to Summerville, in Nicholas County by way of Point mountain and Fork lick to the Huttonsville and Huntersville Turnpike Road. The Board of Public Works was authorized to borrow no more than $25,000 to finance the project, issuing coupon bonds. An increase of $12,000 wa granted for the Huttonsville and Huntersville extension, March 23, 1860. The Board of Public Works was responsible for hiring an engineer to superintend the project and to establish toll gates.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 392
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Slavin's Cabin and Summersville Road records, 1853-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Slavin's Cabin and Summersville Road records, 1853-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rPbjG4NtdZU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rPbjG4NtdZU/">Slavin's Cabin and Summersville Road records, 1853-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...