The Resource Harrisville Turnpike Company records, 1848-1851, 1857
- Harrisville Turnpike Company records, 1848-1851, 1857
- Inclusive dates
- 1848-1851, 1857
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions, and specifications
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved March 9, 1847 authorized formation of the Harrisville Turnpike as a corporation to construct a road from a point on the North West Turnpike west of James Martin's and passing through Harrisville to some point on the Staunton and Parkersburg Road, west of Weston. Subscriptions were set at $10,000, with shares at $10. The route was changed the following year, on March 28, 1848, beginning near the head of Bunnell's Run down the valley of the north fork of Hughes' River, and through the town of Harrisville to some other point on the North West Road below Harrisville near to Levi Nutter's. Shares were changed to $50, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to 2/5. The Ritchie County Court was authorized to subscribe to 3/5. March 3, 1851, stock was increased by $3,500 in order to complete the road.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 274
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Harrisville Turnpike Company records, 1848-1851, 1857
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Harrisville Turnpike Company records, 1848-1851, 1857
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rSriQTuhmcQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rSriQTuhmcQ/">Harrisville Turnpike Company records, 1848-1851, 1857</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...