The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Roger Vaughn, 1966-1975
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Roger Vaughn, 1966-1975
- Inclusive dates
- Birth records
- Sweeney, Linda G
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Vaughn, Jennifer M
- State government records -- Virginia
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Vaughn, Jennie M
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Deeds -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Birth certificates
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 817294 contains a birth registration card for Linda G. Sweeney, born 21 August 1966 in Roanoke, Virginia; a hospital birth certificate for the same; an official birth certificate for Jennifer M. Vaughn, born 11 December 1975 in Henry County, Virginia; a deed made between Jennie M. Vaughn of the first part, and Roger J. Vaughn and Marilyn B. Vaughn of the second part for property located in Patrick County, Virginia, dated 1 March 1971; one Veterans Administration Certificate of Reasonable Value regarding property located in Bassett, Virginia, dated 14 November 1973; warranty documents regarding property located in Henry County, Virginia, dated 4 October 1974; a plat map of said property located in Henry County, Virginia, dated 24 September 1974; and an undated letter addressed to "Jennifer" from "Nana."
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Roger Vaughn, 1966-1975
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Roger Vaughn, 1966-1975
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rV9qsyzvBSw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rV9qsyzvBSw/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Roger Vaughn, 1966-1975</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...