The Resource William Cullen Institutions of medicine, 1790
- William Cullen Institutions of medicine, 1790
- Inclusive dates
- Copy, 1790, of William Cullen's Institutions of medicine for the use of students in the University of Edinburgh. Included are Cullen's theories of the classification of diseases. Located on frames 385-552
- Biographical or historical data
- William Cullen was born in 1710 in Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland, and awarded doctor of medicine from Glasgow University. He served as President of the Faculty of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Chair of Medicine at the University of Glasgow, and later as Professor of Ethics at the University of Edinburgh. He was also the president of the Royal College of Physicians in Edinburgh, fellow of the Royal Society of London, and founding member of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. He died 5 February 1790 in Edinburgh.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of William Cullen Institutions of medicine, 1790
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work William Cullen Institutions of medicine, 1790
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rk6osD6uKuA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rk6osD6uKuA/">William Cullen Institutions of medicine, 1790</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...