The Resource Records of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority, 1996-2004
- Records of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority, 1996-2004
- Inclusive dates
- Baseball -- Economic aspects -- Virginia
- Major League Baseball (Organization)
- Baseball teams -- United States
- Press releases
- Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority
- Stadiums. -- Finance -- Virginia
- Paul, Gabe
- State government records -- Virginia
- Administrative reports
- Letters (correspondence)
- Baseball -- Economic aspects -- United States
- Sports franchises -- Location -- Virginia
- Annual reports
- This collection documents the activities of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority. The collection includes correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, press releases, videotapes, annual reports, and research materials. Correspondents include the Office of the Commissioner of Major League Baseball, various legislators on both the state and national levels, and local government officials
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority. (Search Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority was created by Act of Assembly on 15 April 1992 to lead the effort to design, finance, construct, own, and operate a baseball park for a Major League Baseball franchise in Virginia. The Authority consisted of nine members appointed by the governor, with each member serving a four-year term. Provisions were made for the Authority to appoint an Executive Director, acquire real estate, and issue bonds for various purposes. The first members of the Virginia Baseball Authority were appointed in 1995 by Governor George Allen. In 1997, the first and only executive director, Gabe Paul, Jr., was appointed. The Authority ceased operation in 2004 following the announcement of the relocation of a Major League Baseball team to the District of Columbia.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Records of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority, 1996-2004
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority, 1996-2004
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rvDJ984lsTo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/rvDJ984lsTo/">Records of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority, 1996-2004</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...